Friday 23 September 2011

Bio-Zombie

Home
Smell the Movies
Smell the TV

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Year:1998
Country of origin:Hong Kong
Director:Wilson Yip
Genre:Zombies
Starring:Jordan Chan, Emotion Cheung, Sam Lee
Rating:4/5
IMDB link:http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0277605/
Tagline:No tagline
Favourite line:N/A - Subtitled

The first Hong Kong zombie movie I have ever seen, and it won’t be my last, that's for sure!
Two slackers, Woody Invincible(!) and Crazy Bee inadvertantly run someone over who happens to have a bottle of Lucozade in his briefcase that has been developed by the Iraqi's as a chemical weapon that turns anyone who drinks it into a slavering zombie. The guy tries to warn them, but they think he is asking for the drink, and feed it to him, pile him in their boot, and drive to a shopping mall.
I'm not making this up, honest!
Inevitably, the infected undead guy wakes up, escapes, bites another hapless fool, and from then all hell breaks loose.
The first hour is more comedy based, but the last half hour is excellent, cranking up the gore to great effect.
There's a nice homage to Dawn of the Dead when one character slides down an escalator divider, and the whole thing smacks of Romero HK style.
Great fun, and with a superb final sequence, this is one for zombie buffs to thoroughly enjoy.
Would have got 5 stars I think had I watched the original subtitled version, but the dubbing actors were so poor in the version I watched I felt compelled to knock off an evil skull.
Get the subtitled version if you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment