Friday 23 September 2011

Black Christmas

Home
Smell the Movies
Smell the TV

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Year:1974
Country of origin:Canada
Director:Bob Clark
Genre:Slasher
Starring:Olivia Hussey, Keir Dullea, Margot Kidder
Rating:3/5
IMDB link:http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0071222/
Tagline:If this movie doesn't make your skin crawl... It's On Too Tight!
Favourite line:"Let me lick your pretty pink cunt."

I was really looking forward to seeing this movie, in the main because I have read from several sources that this was massively influential on Halloween, the John Carpenter slasher classic.
I have to say though that I found this to be very boring throughout.
There's some good POV work, which I guess is the inspiration behind many of the similar scenes in Halloween, but overall it's all a little too soap opera.
I don't know, maybe I was expecting too much, but this just left me cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment