Friday 23 September 2011

Bubbe Ho-Tep

Home
Smell the Movies
Smell the TV

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Year:2002
Country of origin:USA
Director:Don Coscarelli
Genre:Comedy / Zombie
Starring:Bruce Campbell. Ossie Davis
Rating:1/5
IMDB link:http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0281686/
Tagline:The King Vs. The King of the Dead
Favourite line:None worth mentioning

This is just awful.
My expectations had been raised by several friends telling me how superb it is.
Different, yes.
Any good? I don’t bloody think so.
Maybe it's just too out there for me.
Bruce Campbell - usually a firm favourite in this house - plays a retired Elvis Presley who is called upon to defend his retirement home from an ancient Egyptian demon, the eponymous Bubba Ho-tep.
'Wacky' and 'zany' are words that fill me with dread, and this is packed full of it.
The director of the Phantasm series serves this up, so I really should like it, and the IMDB rating implies it is great, but it just doesn't work for me.
Yes, it's original, but it's also bloody awful.

No comments:

Post a Comment