Wednesday 28 September 2011

The Hills Have Eyes

Home
Smell the Movies
Smell the TV

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Year:1977
Country of origin:USA
Director:Wes Craven
Genre:Cannibals
Starring:Susan Lanier, Robert Houston
Rating:3/5
IMDB link:http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0077681/
Tagline:The lucky ones died first...
Favourite line:"We're gonna be french fries! Human french fries!"

Highly rated horror from the legend that is Wes Craven.
It's disturbing, it's horrifying, yet I have to admit it just doesn't grab me, and I've watched this a few times hoping I would see the light.
Maybe it's due to the lack of a supernatural element - the killers in the hills are a family of cannibals who have lived in the wilderness for generations.
Nothing supernatural there, though it is a bit odd, to be fair.
It's certainly worth a watch, but it's not the classic it is made out to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment