Tuesday 22 November 2011

Battle Beyond the Stars

Home
Smell the Movies
Smell the TV

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Year:1980
Country of origin:USA
Director:Jimmy T. Murakami
Genre:Space opera
Starring:Richard Thomas, Robert Vaughn, John Saxon
Rating:3/5
IMDB link:http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080421/
Tagline:A battle beyond time, beyond space.
Favourite line:"Hear me, beings of Akir. I am Sador of the Malmori. I have come with my forces to conquer you. If you resist, I will crush you. I possess a stellar converter, the most powerful weapon in the universe. You cannot resist me."

Blatant Star Wars rip off, but entertaining enough all the same.
Jon-Boy from The Waltons is the naïve, wet behind the ears hero, George Peppard the craggy, galaxy wise veteran in a battle against EVIL.
Good effects for the budget, great costume designs and spaceships, and a ship computer with attitude (though this can be annoying).
Overall, good fun for the budget!

No comments:

Post a Comment