Tuesday 22 November 2011

The Beastmaster

Home
Smell the Movies
Smell the TV

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Year:1982
Country of origin:USA
Director:Don Coscarelli
Genre:Fantasy
Starring:Marc Singer, Tanya Roberts, Rip Torn
Rating:3/5
IMDB link:http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0083630/
Tagline:No tagline
Favourite line:"I have my eyes...I have my cunning...and I have my strength."

Childish but charming fantasy yarn about a man with the ability to communicate with animals.
Sword and sorcery mayhem is the name of the game here, with some real inventiveness - particularly the creatures that wrap their victims inside their leathery wings before digesting them, so the bones slush out at the bottom of the cocoon - but more for teens than adults.
Entertaining enough I suppose, but be warned - Marc Singer is a block of wood throughout, even more so than in 'V'.

No comments:

Post a Comment