Wednesday 25 January 2012

Chocky

Home
Smell the Movies
Smell the TV

Transmitted:Jan 1984 - Feb 1984
Country of origin:UK
Genre:Creepy children's TV, Cult classic, British sci-fi
Starring:Andrew Ellams, James Hazeldine, Carol Drinkwater, Glynis Brooks
Rating:4/5
No. of seasons:1

I tried a few times to write a review for this show - an overlooked classic of British cult TV - but then stumbled across this gem on IMDB. A Spanish guy waxes lyrical about the joys of this minor classic, and, frankly, I agreed with everything that he said. Find below a direct reproduction of the review, with kind permission. Click here to find this review, along with others, from the chap in question. The English may be a bit ropey, but it is clear that the passion is heartfelt.
I loved reading this:

"I have not read the book, and I took much years in knowledge that existed, but the TV series is simply a masterpiece. The idea that the alien at issue projects her mind to travel by the universe (It seems to me that thus it traveled to the Earth) is innovator, and years later, It conserves Its enchantment. The cast of actors is skillful (in special the child and starring Andrew Ellams). I've got much TV series what love in my life, but this is for me the number one of the number one. I saw It when I was 7 years old, and I couldn't never forget It. "Chocky", the series, would have to show It in TV during years and years. Nothing equal exist."

Quite literally, I couldn't put it better myself.
Watch it. You don't know what you are missing.

Find some episode details here:

No comments:

Post a Comment