Tuesday 17 January 2012

Dogma

Home
Smell the Movies
Smell the TV

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Year:1999
Country of origin:USA
Director:Kevin Smith
Genre: Irreverent religious comedy
Starring:Ben Affleck, Matt Damon, Linda Fiorentino
Rating:4/5
IMDB link:http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120655/
Tagline:Get 'touched' by an angel.
Favourite line:"I know they were just kids, but we kicked their pube-less asses!"

A witty, irreverent, intelligent dissection of religious ideology, demonstrating how ridiculous the entire concept of Catholicism is once all of the Dogma is stripped away.
Top notch cast, excellent supporting characters, and a wonderfully anarchic feel throughout.
I don't want to say too much for fear of ruining it, and besides, commenting on this would take a few thousand words once I get on my anti-organised religion high horse.
Recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment