Tuesday 17 January 2012

Flightplan

Home
Smell the Movies
Smell the TV

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Year:2005
Country of origin:USA
Director:Robert Schwentke
Genre:Thriller
Starring:Jodie Foster, Peter Sarsgaard, Sean Bean
Rating:4/5
IMDB link:http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0408790/
Tagline:If Someone Took Everything You Live For... How Far Would You Go To Get It Back?
Favourite line:"Look, I know you're here just to keep me calm, but the problem is not that I'm anxious, the problem is that my daughter is missing and no one can tell me where the hell she is!"

This is an excellent thriller.
Jodie Foster in top form, and there is some genuine suspense drawn from the relatively small cast.
The implausibility of the scenario is easily ignored as the idea itself is absolutely terrifying.
Sean Bean is also in good form as the Captain of the plane.
The plot: Jodie Foster boards a plane with her young daughter and promptly falls asleep. When she awakens her daughter is gone and, worse still, nobody on the plane even saw her board, or so they claim.
Slick, action packed and tense, this is good fun.
One of the best thrillers in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment