Tuesday 17 January 2012

High Fidelity

Home
Smell the Movies
Smell the TV

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Year:2000
Country of origin:UK / USA
Director:Stephen Frears
Genre:Record shop romance
Starring:John Cusack, Jack Black, Iben Hjejle, Todd Louiso
Rating:1/5
IMDB link:http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0146882/
Tagline:A comedy about fear of commitment, hating your job, falling in love and other pop favorites.
Favourite line:"Did I listen to pop music because I was miserable? Or was I miserable because I listened to pop music?"

Reasons I watched this movie in the first place:
1 - I've read the book, and quite enjoyed it. It's not the universal triumph that many will have you believe but, for males of a cerrtain age and OCD persuasion, it raises a smile and makes you feel a little less alone.
2 - John Cusack is in it, an actor I really, really like. Quirky without being wacky, and an A-list star that seems to go out of his way to pick unusual, even risky projects, for which he is to be commended.
Reasons I turned this off after 23 minutes:
1 - Jack Black is in it.
2 - Wackiness ensued.
3 - Jack Black is in it.
Seriously, seriously bad, and I'm laying all the blame at the feet of that 'comedy' giant J.B.
As funny as cancer, I'm afraid.
Hated this.

No comments:

Post a Comment