Tuesday 17 January 2012

The Hudsucker Proxy

Home
Smell the Movies
Smell the TV

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Year:1994
Country of origin:UK / USA / Germany
Director:Joel Coen
Genre:Wacky thriller (yikes)
Starring:Tim Robbins, Jennifer Jason Leigh, Paul Newman
Rating:2/5
IMDB link:http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0110074/
Tagline:A Comedy of Invention.
Favourite line:None worth mentioning

Highly rated Coen brother movie that leaves me cold.

Tim Robbins plays Norville Barnes, a newbie post-graduate employed by some unscrupulous boss types in order that they can profit from a stock market fraud that he is oblivious to. And that's about all I can tell you.

Three times I've tried to watch this, and each time I have turned it off in frustration and disappointment after about half an hour.
The Coen's have a tendency to do dark and brooding really well (Fargo, Blood Simple) but comedy quite haphazardly (Raising Arizona, Intolerable Cruelty, The Big Lebowski being the obvious exception to the rule) and this sadly falls into the latter category.
Over the top, bloated, preposterous and just plain annoying, this did nothing for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment