Sunday 8 January 2012

Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith

Home
Smell the Movies
Smell the TV

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Year:2005
Country of origin:USA
Director:George Lucas
Genre:Space opera
Starring:Hayden Christensen, Ewan McGregor, Natalie Portman
Rating:5/5
IMDB link:http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0121766/
Tagline:The saga is complete.
Favourite line:"Your arrogance blinds you, Master Yoda. Now you will experience the full power of the dark side."

I'm shocked.

Genuinely shocked. I enjoyed this more than I thought feasible, and it's making me question my own sanity.
It can't be that good can it?
Can it???
Well, I'm not saying it's perfect - there's the occasional clunky bit of dialogue, the 'floating on lava' lightsaber duel at the end which is simply preposterous, and Hayden still couldn't act his way out of a sack of potatoes, but.....
But......
But.....
..... It's really bloody enjoyable.
Those sniffy types that hated the first movie (as did I), and the second (I used to, but have revised my opinion on rewatch) should really check this out in an objective fashion, not with the halycon gaze of youth.
I'm even going to go out on a limb here to say it's probably better than Jedi.
I know. I'm going to be assassinated. That's why I keep my identity a secret (Like George Elliot, I'm really a 57 year old woman).
No point going into the plot, as everyone knew even before the movie was released what was going to happen, and there are no real surprises, but the journey to an already known climax is certainly an enjoyable one, and that takes some doing.
Highlights - Grievous's four lightsaber battle, Vader's creation sequences, and Skywalker wantonly slaughtering the children, something I always approve of.
Modern Star Wars done right.

No comments:

Post a Comment