Saturday 24 September 2011

Cheerleader Camp

Home
Smell the Movies
Smell the TV

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Year:1987
Country of origin:USA
Director:John Quinn
Genre:Slasher
Starring:Betsy Russell, Leif Garrett
Rating:2/5
IMDB link:http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092744/
Tagline:Give me a K - Give me an I - Give me an L - Give me an L
Favourite line:None worth mentioning

Well, this movie has actually taught me something.
Up until this point in my life, I didn’t actually realise it was possible to get sick of the sight of cheerleaders.
How wrong I was.
Essentially, this is a very poor take on the Friday the 13th premise (isolated camp, nubile young victims, mysterious killer, random acts of violence, piss poor script), but this lacks any kind of character at all.
There are two mistakes made here.
Mistake 1 - Fat Comedy Guy showing his arse and prat falling every few seconds somehow imbues a film with a much needed sense of 'fun'.
Mistake 2 - Lengthy periods of 'wacky' cheerleading, replete with zany costumes and comedy lyrics.
These sections go on for FAR TOO LONG.
I actually turned it off after an hour as I couldn't take anymore of this dross.
Even copious amounts of female flesh couldn't save this one - and I don't say that very often.

No comments:

Post a Comment