Sunday 23 October 2011

Return of the Living Dead

Home
Smell the Movies
Smell the TV

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Year:1985
Country of origin:USA
Director:Dan O'Bannon
Genre:Zombies
Starring:Clu Gulager, James Karen
Rating:4/5
IMDB link:http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089907/
Tagline:They're Back From The Grave and Ready To Party!
Favourite line:"See? You made me hurt myself again! I broke my hand off completely at the wrist this time, Tina! But that's okay, Darlin', because I love you, and that's why you have to let me eat your brains….."

Blatant cash in on the Romero series, this is still well worth watching.
More comedic than scary, this takes the Romero plot from Nightof the Living Dead, and brings it into the present day.
A deadly gas that has been developed by the military has escaped, and any corpses that are exposed to it are suddenly reanimated, and develop an unhealthy desire for fresh brains.
Silly but effective, with enough gore to keep the interest levels up, this is a classic 80's US horror movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment