Sunday 30 October 2011

The Toxic Avenger 2

Home
Smell the Movies
Smell the TV

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Year:1989
Country of origin:USA
Director:Michael Herz, Lloyd Kaufman
Genre:Troma
Starring:Ron Fazio, John Altamura
Rating:3/5
IMDB link:http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0098503/
Tagline:The first superhero from New Jersey is back!
Favourite line:"Worst of all, if Tromaville was destroyed, there'd be no Toxic Avenger 3!"

The Toxic Avenger is back, eager to fight crime, prevent injustice, and generally roar and gurn his way through another Troma outing.
I have a confession to make here, and it has a real bearing on my rating of the movie: I've only seen the tragically cut UK version of this movie (something I plan to change as swiftly as possible), and as a result this cannot be a fully just account of the movie, as all of the gory fun has been excised from the version I have seen - thanks BBFC, you killjoy fucking morons.
I'M A GROWN UP.
LET ME MAKE MY OWN DECISIONS ABOUT A MOVIES SUITABILITY OF CONTENT. STOP TELLING ME WHAT TO DO!!!!
Ok, rant over.
This time, Toxie heads over to Japan to right the wrongs in the city presided over by Apocalypse Inc, but, whilst he's away, his beloved Tromaville is besieged by thugs and criminals.
Surely, only Toxie's return will save the day.
Not as good as the original - mainly due to the lack of gore content in the version I saw - but still a very entertaining Troma release.
Love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment