Monday 21 November 2011

Batman

Home
Smell the Movies
Smell the TV

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Year:1989
Country of origin:USA
Director:Tim Burton
Genre: Revenge, troubled past, creation
Starring:Michael Keaton, Jack NIcholson
Rating:4/5
IMDB link:http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0096895/
Tagline:No tagline, just the Batman image
Favourite line:"I'm not going to kill you. I want you to do me a favor. I want you to tell all your friends about me."

Mega budget treatment of the comic book Dark Knight.
Michael Keaton seemed an odd choice at the time for the lead role, but he played the title character with conviction and grew on people - like fungus.
The standout performance in most people's memory seems to be Jack Nicholson's as The Joker, as he is his usual over the top, manic self.
The only real criticism I can find with the movie is the rather ill-advised Prince soundtrack, which grates, though admittedly it is distinctive.
In truth, there's no real plot here, this is more about atmosphere and visuals.
A good film, if flawed.

No comments:

Post a Comment