Tuesday 22 November 2011

Conquest

Home
Smell the Movies
Smell the TV

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Year:1983
Country of origin:Italy / Spain / Mexico
Director:Lucio Fulci
Genre:Swords and sorcery
Starring:Jorge Rivero, Andrea Occhipinti
Rating:2/5
IMDB link:http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0085356/
Tagline:In a place beyond time, comes a terrifying challenge beyond imagination!
Favourite line:None worth mentioning

A Fulci movie, but quite different from the horror fare that he is most renowned for.
No, this is a swords and sorcery fantasy quest, with mystical arrows, grunting savages and an impossible quest.
And that's all I could really work out.
It's a rambling, incoherent mess, featuring long sequences without any dialogue at all, just atmosphere shots of people walking, or people climbing, or people walking some more.
There's an element of gore though, but it's insufficient to satisfy horror hounds - although the woman being torn in two, her legs spread until her body rips apart like a chicken wing is certainly entertaining.
Overall, I'm glad I checked it out as it confirmed to me that Fulci's none horror work probably won't float my boat, but it didn't set my world alight.
A bizarre offering.

No comments:

Post a Comment