Tuesday 17 January 2012

Die Hard With A Vengeance

Home
Smell the Movies
Smell the TV

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Year:1995
Country of origin:USA
Director:John McTiernan
Genre:Class action movie
Starring:Bruce Willis, Jeremy Irons, Samuel L. Jackson
Rating:5/5
IMDB link:http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0112864/
Tagline:Think fast. Look alive. Die hard.
Favourite line:Not a line, but the scene where Bruce walks into Harlem wearing a sandwich board which proclaims quite succinctly "I hate niggers."

Nearly as good as the first, I have to say.

There's a great plot involving a maniacal bomber (yes, I did say bomber...), some excellent set pieces and, unusually for an action movie, some intriguing ideas thrown in.
The opening sequence where Bruce is forced to go into Harlem wearing a sandwich board that states boldly "I hate niggers" is just priceless.

As with the first movie, the inclusion of a quality British actor really adds to the sense of style, and Jeremy Irons is excellent as Gruber, though his accent is a bit comical at times.
Samuel L Jackson's inclusion seemed to annoy some people, though I find that hard to correlate as I thought he played a good role if, admittedly, it was his one and only screen persona.
A top notch sequel.

No comments:

Post a Comment