Tuesday 17 January 2012

Die Hard 2

Home
Smell the Movies
Smell the TV

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Year:1990
Country of origin:USA
Director:Renny Harlin
Genre:Dumb action movie
Starring:Bruce Willis, Bonnie Bedelia, William Atherton
Rating:2/5
IMDB link:http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0099423/
Tagline:Die Harder.
Favourite line:None worth mentioning

My rating of this always seems controversial, as most people seem to rate this almost as highly as the first.
I disagree entirely.
Yes, the premise is very similar, and you can simply swap the the Plaza for the airport, but this has no style, no soul, and no class whatsoever.
John McTiernan was badly missed here.
The action sequences are loud and dumb, and I find the whole thing intellectually insulting - and I love Troma!!
Dumb action for dumb people.
Shite.

No comments:

Post a Comment