Tuesday 17 January 2012

Double Impact

Home
Smell the Movies
Smell the TV

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Year:1991
Country of origin:USA
Director:Sheldon Lettich
Genre:Van Damme actioner
Starring:Jean-Claude Van Damme, Geoffrey Lewis, Alicia Stevenson
Rating:3/5
IMDB link:http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0101764/
Tagline:One packs a punch. One packs a Piece. Together they deliver
Favourite line:"Because of my big legs, and karate, I can do the splits….no problem."

Yet another in a long line of inadvertantly hilarious Jean Claude Van Damme movies that are more entertaining than people give them credit for.

This one sees him teaming up with a fellow fighter and love rival, the big twist being it's his long lost identical twin brother!
Wow.
Sit tight everyone!!!
You see, they were separated at birth when their parents were killed by some ruthless criminal business types and, inevitably, now in the prime of their life, it's payback time.

Some brilliantly awful dialogue:
"With my big thighs, and karate, I can easily do the splits."
"I may be drunk, but in the morning I'll be sober, and he'll still be a faggot." -
Add in the welcome addition of Bolo making this one of Van Damme's better bad action movies.
Great.

No comments:

Post a Comment