Tuesday 17 January 2012

Gladiator

Home
Smell the Movies
Smell the TV

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Year:2000
Country of origin:UK / USA
Director:Ridley Scott
Genre:Roman epic
Starring:Russell Crowe, Joaquin Phoenix, Richard Harris
Rating:5/5
IMDB link:http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0172495/
Tagline:Father of a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife and I shall have my vengeance in this life or the next
Favourite line:"You wrote to me once, listing the four chief virtues: Wisdom, justice, fortitude and temperance. As I read the list, I knew I had none of them. But I have other virtues, father. Ambition. That can be a virtue when it drives us to excel. Resourcefulness, courage, perhaps not on the battlefield, but... there are many forms of courage. Devotion, to my family and to you. But none of my virtues were on your list. Even then it was as if you didn't want me for your son."

Ridley Scott's stunning Roman epic.

I think everyone knows the story of this one:
Crowe plays a Roman general whose wife and child are murdered. He himself is captured and thrown into the melting pot that is the Gladiatorial arena's, and must fight his way to freedom, ultimately becoming the people's favourite Gladiator, and facing down the Emperor, a man twisted with envy and rage.

Impressive visuals, a very strong cast and an epic scope, this is simply a great film.

No comments:

Post a Comment