Thursday 19 January 2012

Kill Bill Vol. 2

Home
Smell the Movies
Smell the TV

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Year:2004
Country of origin:USA
Director:Quentin Tarantino
Genre:Martial arts revenge
Starring:Uma Thurman, David Carradine, Lucy Liu, Vivica A. Fox, Daryl Hannah,
Rating:5/5
IMDB link:http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0378194/
Tagline:Revenge is a dish best served cold.
Favourite line:Looked dead, didn't I? But I wasn't. But it wasn't from lack of trying, I can tell you that. Actually, Bill's last bullet put me in a coma - A coma I was to lie in for four years. When I woke up, I went on what the movie advertisements refer to as a 'roaring rampage of revenge.' I roared. And I rampaged. And I got bloody satisfaction. I've killed a hell of a lot of people to get to this point, but I have only one more. The last one. The one I'm driving to right now. The only one left. And when I arrive at my destination, I am gonna kill Bill.

Direct continuation from the first movie, though this one is slightly more cerebral, and less visceral.
Indeed, Tarantino's orinigal plan was to release the two movies as one, epic length flick, but the studio blanched at the idea. The prospect of 25 stone American's sitting in one place for 3.5 hours was apparently too ridiculous to contemplate ;-)
Intriguing, engaging and violent, though not as bloody as the first, this is a fine way to finish the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment