Friday 20 January 2012

Rambo III

Home
Smell the Movies
Smell the TV

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Year:1988
Country of origin:USA
Director:Peter MacDonald
Genre:Pointless muscle-bound sequel
Starring:Sylvester Stallone, Richard Crenna
Rating:3/5
IMDB link:http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0095956/
Tagline:God would have mercy John Rambo won't!
Favourite line:"God would have mercy. He won't."

John Rambo is back in this, the most meaningless of his outings up to this point.
I'll be honest here folks, this was so tedious I mentally switched off about half way through and stopped concentrating, my mind wandering onto things altogether other than the movie.
What I'd eaten for tea, why my second toe is so much longer than my big toe, whether Judy Finnigan could take Fern Britton in a fist fight.
Anything other than the movie itself.
The plot, such as it is, centres around Our Hero heading into Afghanistan to wage a one man war to get his favouriteColonel back.
Helicopters fly around, things explode, Rambo gets greased up.
All the usual then.
It's not awful by any stretch, it's just incredibly run of the mill.
Bored me, but I'm giving it a three as I do quite like Sylvester.
The first Rambo was great, and Rocky's one and two were pretty special.
He was also good in....erm....erm....erm....

No comments:

Post a Comment