Tuesday 27 September 2011

The Frighteners

Home
Smell the Movies
Smell the TV

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Year:1996
Country of origin:New Zealand / USA
Director:Peter Jackson
Genre:Zany horror comedy….apparently
Starring: Michael J. Fox, Trini Alvarado
Rating:1/5
IMDB link:http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0116365/
Tagline:No Rest for the Wicked.
Favourite line:None worth mentioning

Right, before I begin I have a confession to make:
I only got twenty five minutes into this, and I had to turn it off.
I had no choice.
It was unbearable.
So the 1 skull rating you see above is only a reflection of the first 1500 seconds, not the duration.
And why did I turn it off?
Because it was painfully, woefully, shockingly bad.
And this is a Peter Jackson movie.
And I love everything else I've seen by him.
But this was dreadful.
Dreadful.
Dreadful.

Here's what I gleaned:
Michael J. Fox is a paranormal investigator who is actually friends with a selection of deceased individuals, who he convinces to haunt people's homes so that they calll him for help.

And that's it.
That's as far as I got.
The ghosts turned up, and I couldn't tolerate it anymore.
If I just use the words wacky and zany, maybe you'll get the idea.
Horrid.
Just horrid

No comments:

Post a Comment