Sunday 23 October 2011

Phantasm III

Home
Smell the Movies
Smell the TV

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Year:1994
Country of origin:USA
Director:Don Coscarelli
Genre:Surreal horror
Starring:Reggie Bannister, A. Michael Baldwin,
Rating:5/5
IMDB link:http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0110823/
Tagline:We Tried To Warn You. If You Don't Get It This Time We're Going To Have To Drill It Into Your Head!
Favourite line:"It's been nice knowing you boys, but this kickin' zombie ass just ain't my gig."

Much as I hate to be predictable, I have literally no choice but to award this, the second sequel in the simply superb Phantasm series, top marks.
It pains me, it really does.
I've tried to find fault. I've looked, I've searched and I've analysed. Nothing. I just love it.

The Tall Man returns, this time armed with a bigger budget, and sets about robbing more graves to create his army of mutant alien dwarves.

Lots of it makes no sense, Michael's character has switched again from the all American hunk from number 2 back into the geek dude from number 1, and Reg has doggy style sex with a woman who looks like a cross between Grace Jones and Eddie Murphy.
Great fun, with THAT theme music, this is just great.

No comments:

Post a Comment