Sunday 23 October 2011

Razor Blade Smile

Home
Smell the Movies
Smell the TV

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Year:1998
Country of origin:UK
Director:Jake West
Genre:Vampires
Starring:Eileen Daly, Christopher Adamson
Rating:2/5
IMDB link:http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0159693/
Tagline:Part Seductress. Part Assassin. All Vampire.
Favourite line:None worth mentioning

Now, I'm not one to turn my nose up at low budget movies, as my ratings for others movies will attest to, but this one didn't work for me.
Yeah, it's gory, yeah, the plot is ok, yeah, the acting is bad, yep, the dialogue awful. All the things we have come to know and love about Z-grade horror. But this was just dull.
I think it falls into the trap of many vampire movies in taking itself way too seriously which, on this kind of budget, is a big mistake.
Additionally, the use of guns didn't sit well with me at all. Vampires shouldn't use guns. There's nothing personal about them, no romance, no intimacy.
A real shame, as I do like a good bad movie, especially a British one.

No comments:

Post a Comment