Friday 20 January 2012

Millers Crossing

Home
Smell the Movies
Smell the TV

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Year:1990
Country of origin:USA
Director:Joel Coen
Genre:Crime thriller
Starring:Gabriel Byrne, Marcia Gay Harden, John Turturro
Rating:2/5
IMDB link:http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0100150/
Tagline:Up is down, black is white, and nothing is what it seems.
Favourite line:None worth mentioning

I've tried to love this film, I really have.
It has all the ingredients that should make my pulse race - Prohibition era gangsters, The Coen Brothers, Gabriel Byrne, sudden brutal violence and a cool soundtrack.
Thing is, it just bores me to tears.
I've tried to get through it three or four times and just wind up frustrated and annoyed. I dont know what it is.
If I did, I'd tell you.
I feel vaguely ashamed of myself.
I should like it, I really should.
But I don't.
I'm going to go now.
If this is the last update to the site, it may all have become too much for me.
The crippling shame of not loving this film has driven me over the edge.
I've always pictured leaping off The Golden Gate Bridge to a watery grave - if the fall doesn't get me, I'm sure the sharks will - and this experience may leave me with no choice.....

No comments:

Post a Comment